My love affair with black and white photography continues. Read more about where it started and how it continues here. I do occasional posts about my continuing journey and selections of favorites from various challenges that I participate in. Here are 10 of my favourite black and white images from 2016
1. Speicherstadt Warehouse District, Hamburg, Germany. So many fabulous photo opportunities!
2. Beach-ception, Kenton-on-Sea, South Africa. An abstract of the the sand and scummy water on the beach.
3. Running journey of giraffe, South Africa. The collective noun for giraffe is either a ‘tower’ or a ‘journey’. I prefer journey in this case
4. Group of children, South Africa
5. Deserted life saver’s hut, Kenton-on-Sea, South Africa
6. Blue gum trees and shadows on the road to the SPCA, Grahamstown, South Africa. Blue gum trees are classified as alien vegetation here in South Africa- they were originally planted as windbreaks.
7. Beach sculpture, Mpekweni, South Africa
8. The long and winding road, Mountain Zebra National Park, South Africa
9. Under the arches, Hamburg, Germany
10. Playtime, Addo Elephant National Park, South Africa. Baby elephant enjoying the water
- Header image: Author’s own (C) Deborah Ann Stott 2016
- Collage: Created from author’s own images