I am a photographer. I am doing an ongoing 365 photo project. I’m constantly on the lookout for inspiration. For learning opportunities. To get better at being a photographer.
I am also a writer. My blog focuses on showcasing a different perspective on the mundane. Sharing everyday delights.
You know these things.
This year, I want to be more focused on writing up my journey. Its a journey I’ve been on since 2014 and one I want to document in a more structured way.
Seize the day!
So here’s the action part. And the promise to myself.
Each month I will share my monthly themes along with my learning, successes and failures. A feature series with 12 chapters.
Perhaps some inspiration will help me find a name for the series as the year progresses.
The themes? I have no idea what my monthly themes will be yet. I normally let myself go with the flow here: sometimes I’ll do a theme suggested by someone in the 365 project community, sometimes a theme will be sparked by my own experiences. January is done and dusted. Read my Looking into the spaces post.
I’ve also signed up (in my mind) to do the 52-week challenge offered by Dogwood Photography and a ‘52-week of portraits of me‘ on the 365 project site. If I complete these, they will be ‘bonus’ chapters.
What I know for sure
What I know for sure (to borrow a phrase from Oprah) is that making this promise to myself will encourage me to do another full year of 365. Something I haven’t done since 2015. It’s panning out to be a busy year photographically and I cannot wait.
Themes to date:
- January: Looking into the spaces (shadows and light)
- February: Shoot what it feels like (a month of black and white)
- March: A month of circles in squares
- April: Travel shots (Aghulas and Botswana)
- May: Soulless Half and Half
- June: no post
- July: Focus and discernment: mid-year review
- August: Bootiful, bountiful birds (New Zealand)
- September: Classic Everyday Delights
- October: no post
- November: no post
- December: no post
- January 2019: The best of 2018: Memories in photographs