In this post (and following posts) I’d like to share some insights from the book, to give you an idea of what’s in it.
My favourite photo from 100 Happy Days
I’m starting with my favourite photo from the 100 days. Hmmm, this is hard… I think it has to be this delightful little chap who appeared on my deck just before sunset on Day 30, during the height of negative events.
“Happiness Resolutions” (if there is such a thing!)
I also want to share something that helped me keep my focus for the 100 days. Here’s an excerpt from my Day 4 post:
So here I am, reflecting on the thing that has made me happy today. Call it what you will, serendipity or grace, the Universe in its wisdom has given me a nudge. And I am acknowledging that nudge. In the spirit of keeping my momentum going for the next 97 days, I have put together what Gretchen Rubin (in her book ‘The Happiness Project’) calls a Happiness Resolutions Chart which are ways to remind myself of the changes I want to make in my life to be a little happier. Gretchen assures me that everyone will have different ideas about what will make them happy and looking at my list, it is different to hers.
- Enjoy now
- Create something
- Stay in touch
- Act the way I want to feel
- Bless each new day
- Be generous
- Make time for projects that nurture my soul
- Notice the colour purple
- Give thanks for the ordinary and the extraordinary
- Read more, write more, listen to music more
- Dance and move
- Be Debbie
You can read my most recent set here.
I leave you with this thought. What would go on your Happiness Resolution Chart and how many items would it have?
Please leave your thoughts at the bottom of this post. I’d love the hear from you.
RE-LAUNCH SPECIAL OFFER
- Buy Part One 30-page eBook £4.50
- Buy Part Two 30-page eBook £4.50
- Buy both parts together for a reduced price. You choose the value from £7.50 upwards. This product combines parts one and two and covers the full 100 Happy Days Project. You also get a free PDF containing 5 different trackers, so if you want to do a similar project, you can track your 100 days.