Here we are in 2019! A Happy New Year to you all. I have done a lot of reflecting over the last week of December (I heard someone call it Twixmas?).
I had a really great year of blogging in 2018, mostly thanks to you, my dear readers.
- My views and number of visitors have more than doubled.
- The number of comments has tripled!
- I’ve managed to write 144 posts with an average of 2.7 per week
Part of that reflection process was looking back at my posts for 2018. I certainly covered some ground! I thought I’d share my Top Dozen favourites: A Delightful Dozen. These are not necessarily the ones that got the most views/likes/comments (although some are) but they are the posts which I think represent how 2018 panned out for me and some of the ones I am most proud of!
The Delightful Dozen
- I don’t need to do that anymore (Category: Monday Musings and the most viewed post on my blog in 2018)
- A story about stories (Stories in photographs, 3rd most viewed)
- One year of Morning Pages (Category: Monday Musings, 5th most viewed)
- Shoot what it feels like (Category: Photography)
- On keeping a travel journal (Category: Travel)
- The same, but different (Category: Travel, 4th most viewed)
- Getting a life (Category: Monday Musings)
- Anticipating New Zealand (Category: Travel)
- A to Z Feel Good List (Category: Challenges)
- Photo projects and well being (Category: Photography)
- Prepping for NaNoWriMo (Category: Challenges)
- Comical mousebirds (Category: Photography)
Choosing 12 from 144 posts was a challenge but a worthwhile process at the same time! Thinking about it, this is something I’d like to do every year from now on.
I’d love your feedback on the idea and on any of the posts of course.
I am planning on posting more in 2019 than I did last year as I have some exciting life changes coming up! I will continue to post under the same categories:
- Monday Musings
Foto Fridays (photography based posts)
Occasional Weekend Coffee Shares on Saturday
- Serendipitous Sundays
- Simply Everyday Delights
- Travel and so on…
Once again, a massive thank you to you my readers for all your support this year. I hope 2019 is a great year for all of us, both in this space and beyond.
PS: I remembered that I had to do a new signature, as we are now in 2019!